Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Vienna, Austria

 
After my intense, but relaxing, 5 days in the Angloville program, I headed to country 4/4- Austria! Wow, was I impressed upon arrival. The tourism center was so helpful in assisting me with a public transport ticket and even connecting me to Wi-Fi for directions to my stay at Wombats Naschmarkt. 

After a less than pleasant check in, I embarked on a nighttime exploration of the city. I only had until afternoon the following day and needed to get in as much as possible.

Karlskirche
Obvs had to indulge in the classic.
Vienna was like walking through an RPG game, around every cobblestoned corned was a jaw dropping supply of architecture and history. Roaming freely felt entirely safe, even late into the night. 


Hofburg


St. Stephen's Cathedral
Sacher Torte with a desert wine pairing, of course.
 The next morning, I woke up early to check out the famous Naschmarkt outside my hostel.
 

 I took the metro to Prater- must watch Before Sunrise if traveling to Vienna.

 With less than a couple of hours to spare, I splurged on an Uber to save time and explored the grounds (no time for entrance) of the Belvedere.

Vienna was great, nearly everyone spoke English (although, interestingly enough to me, German is the native tongue), the have Uber and free public WiFi like, everywhere, and it was super clean as well as safe. I grabbed my luggage which was stowed at the hostel after check out and headed back to the immaculate train station for my trip back to Budapest.

No comments:

Post a Comment