Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Angloville Budapest

 
I arrived in Budapest from Krakow around 8:15. Through research, I found that taxis in the city were risky and Ubers, nonexistent. I should have taken public transport from the very old city train station, Keleti, at which I had arrived but I figured since meet up wasn't for another couple hours and the walk was mapped at 45 minutes, I'd trek it. Spoiler Alert: This was a mistake. The streets were snow covered and dragging my luggage through the unplowed sidewalks across 3 kilometers took a lot longer than 45 minutes. It was a rough walk, especially after little to no sleep (another sketch train ride). But, alas, I made it to the meet up and patiently awaited for pick up to our stay outside the city.
 
I could tell all about the Angloville program but to truly get a feel, check it out here. We arrived at a snowy farm about an hour out, the picturesque Varga Tanya. I highly, highly, recommend this immerse conversational English program if traveling abroad. It allowed me a comfortable break from my fast-tense travel and allotted me new friendships of others from around the world.
 



 

 
  
I even got to ride this sweet girl, Roomba!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment