Thursday, December 21, 2017

San Diego

 I had a wonderful opportunity to travel to San Diego, California this summer about a week after I returned from Europe and a week before I embarked on my PNW experience!

1. La Jolla Cove- This place was so beautiful! I was amazed at how flourishing and close the wildlife was. The seals and sea lions were fearless and everyone I encountered was very respectful of their space. It was like an Atlantis encounter, for free!


Walked right up to these buddies!
SO sweet.
 2. The Cave Store is a short walk away. Such a neat spot, I would suggest wearing water shoes though as the descent is a little slippery!



 3. Scripps Pier I hear that the sun sets perfectly aligned with this pier.
 4. Birch Aquarium was pretty basic to my standards but is an option in the area, here's a view from it.
 5. Old Town had some great culture and delicious Mexican food! Wish I'd had time for the short drive to Tijuana.
 6. Pacific Beach had lots to offer. I even had a surf lesson booked with San Diego Surf School but my flight in from Pensacola the evening before got cancelled and I couldn't fly in until the following afternoon.
Straight out of Rocket Power.

Pacific Beach Sunset
 7. GasLamp Quarter was a great lunch spot. I hear the nightlife is fun, too! It was crazy busy at the time with San Diego Comic Con.
 


8. Balboa Park was very laid back and picturesque.

 9. UCSD housed us for our event in great dormitories. The university is also home to the famous Geisel Library.
Dr. Seuss with the Cat in the Hat Sculpture outside the Library
 
There were a plethora of great hiking trail around too, if time allows. Thankful to the Discovery Education Network and DEN Ambassador Program for this trip of a lifetime!
 
La Jolla Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment