Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sand & Stain

I decided when I had my living room painted "Lemon" to go with the Country Chic look that I've always loved. I needed some barstools for my counter-height bar to attain more seating but everything was too expensive and nothing was "just right". So, I purchased some basic ones at Wal-Mart that were on sale for $15 each! I spray painted the legs with my fave Rustoleum Gloss White Paint & Primer and let them dry overnight (this stuff dries pretty fast, which is also a big PLUS). Then I sanded the top seat with my Black & Decker random orbit sander, wiped off the dusties thoroughly and stained with a dark mahogany. I did several layers of stain and let dry overnight, followed by several layers of polyurethane to seal. Then I repeated the process to match my cheapo wine rack (it's darker in real life!). Eventually, I will get to sanding and staining my beautiful pedestal table top to match but that has been on my to-do list for about a year now.


No comments:

Post a Comment